Wednesday, May 03, 2006

naps


What did I say about routines? Ugh! It seems to be going out the door! Well, the naps, that is. I'm having a real hard time getting him down for naps. He totally fights it. And, he never stays down for long..maybe 1/2 hour. I think a lot of it is due to his jerky arm movements that he can't control. I've tried swaddling, but now he just fights to get out of it. I'm trying to get him down for a nap after he's awake. All he does is cries and fights it. He knows it's coming when I swaddle him and hold him in the rocker to wind him down before going to the crib. Then while he's sleepy in the crib, he wakes up, struggles, and cries. Unfortunately, the past couple of days I've resorted to cheating...ie. Stroller and nursing him to go to sleep. This is not good. It's hard to keep him down when he starts crying, then get himself all worked up. I know he needs to learn on his own, but at the same time I know he needs his naps. At first I thought I need him to learn on his own. But after him not taking good naps and looking tired, I thought I just need him to nap and get used to naps no matter how I get him to go down. Then I'll work on the other part. Now, I don't know if that is right either. I'm just so confused and worried of doing the wrong thing...

No comments: