Saturday, May 06, 2006

1st 6 Weeks

They say the first 6 weeks are the hardest. Looking back, it's hard to remember what it was like. Everything seems like a blur. Maybe that is why it seems hard to get specifics out of mothers when I ask them questions about how their kids were in the first 6 weeks. If you asked me what Wes was like at week 2, I couldn't remember. I guess it's good that I'm blogging during this time so I can look back at how he was in the early weeks.

Is it that it gets easier after that or just that you finally start to get used to it? Maybe it's that by then, you finally get some rewards for all the hard work you put in. I've noticed in the last couple of days that Wes smiles at us and seems to recognize us. He seems more interactive, coos at us, and is able to focus on things now. His neck muscles are getting stronger and he's able to hold his head most of the time without me always holding while I'm carrying him. And, he's able to lift his head for a little bit while we do Tummy Time. He's still got the flailing arms, hopefully he will get out of this soon so that he doesn't keep waking himself up when he hits himself. I'd like to stop swaddling him since it will be getting warmer soon.

We also met a Day Care Provider on Thursday. She seems really good. It's a home, but at the same time, she has activities and lessons for the day. I'm hoping it will work out. At the same time, even though it's exhausting to be with him all day, I feel a little sad that I will have to leave him with someone else. It's happening sooner than I thought. I really only have 2 months left with him.

No comments: