Friday, May 19, 2006

Sleeping Thru the Night

No, I wish this was the case. He's still waking up about every 3 and half hours to eat at night after bedtime at 8...11:30, 2:30, 5:30. When will it go to every 4 or 5 hours?!? Today, Wes is 2 months old! I went to my work to show him off to my co-workers. Generally he did pretty good. Everyone thought he was a good baby. I even went out to lunch with him for the first time...and he slept through it all! I had hoped with all this stimulation that it might help him be more sleepy and sleep longer. Nope. He seems to have a more fitful sleep. So far, he's been harder to bring down and wakes up often. That seems to have backfired. So this is what I have learned so far. Will tanking him up with milk more often lead to longer sleep during the night? Nope. Will keeping him up longer (which also makes him fussy) lead to longer sleep? Nope. I have got to realize that I still need to sacrifice my time. Poor thing doesn't know I'm pushing him for my own selfish reasons. I need to realize that he's just not developmently ready yet. I just worry that when he won't really need to eat, he will wake up anyways cuz it's more on the clock than hunger. And, I so want him to sleep thru the night when I go back to work in 2 months! I can only hope.

No comments: