Monday, May 22, 2006

It Works! (Most of the Time)

So, I swaddled him correctly in the MIracle Blanket in his crib, popped in his "pacer", turned on the womb sound and walked away. It so far has worked...most of the time. Only the early morning nap, it didn't work. I had to resort to using the Moby Carrier Wrap, then taking the dog and baby for a walk. But overall, I'm pleased. Using this technique of 3 out of 4 naps, isn't bad. It seems he get's tired after about an hour to hour and half after he wakes up. That's a lot of naps! Today, he's been sleeping about a hour each, which might be better than his usual many 1/2- one hour naps and one big 2 hour nap. Maybe this will help him sleep better during the night. Ugh..last night after his 7:30 bedtime, he woke up at 9:30, 12:30, 2:30, 4, 5:30. At 4, I put his pacifier in and he slept til 5:30. I can't wait to break the 2:30 feed. At 2:30, If he doesn't bust thru his swaddle tonight, I think I'll try the pacifier. Usually I feed him when he fusses. But at 5:30 this morning, I knew he was HUNGRY..he had that angry cry. So, I knew for sure to feed him. I wonder now about the other times...

I also found out that Jay was doing this technique for a while when I was out! He just never bothered to tell me. Here I was worried about how he would do with Wes, worried that he wouldn't be able to settle him down the way that I do it....well, I was wrong! oops! The baby's waking up. Gotta go!

No comments: