Sunday, April 30, 2006

Routine

Well, I think we finally have the gas issue resolved. He's burping more. And, I think he's feeling better from his cold.

Now, the other hurdle. OK, maybe the EASY plan is not working out like I thought it would. At first I was all into getting him to sleep through the night by like 2 months. I don't think that's going to work. I'm starting to become more flexible. It seems pretty unrealistic. I've got to quit reading all these books and just start using my own plan. Right now I'm now more concerned with just getting him to nap more in the day so he won't be fussy early morning and late afternoon/early evening. And, trying to get him to fall asleep in his crib during the day. He can only do this when he's REALLY tired. The only thing consistant has been that he's been taking one nap late morning and one nap early afternoon. That's it. I know he needs more sleep. He starts to yawn, but then fights it. Then gets really fussy. I've tried to wind him down and have him awake in his crib, but he struggles and cries. I think I've been not winding him down long enough. Now I have to decipher how long to wind him down before putting him in the crib without him going wide awake. Too long, he's asleep in my arms. Too early, he cries. I think I'm going to have to go with the asleep in arms and slowly try to wean him off. since i'm just trying this experiment today, so far 10 minutes seems to be the magic number. Hopefully I will be able to taper this off and it will get him to soothe himself in his crib.

No comments: