Friday, April 21, 2006

EASY

I've been trying to follow the E.A.S.Y plan by the Baby Whisperer. So far, I think things are going pretty good. EASY stands for Eat, Activity, Sleep, and You. After the baby eats, you do Activity time, then you put him to sleep, which then gives you time for yourself. Now that I'm starting to get adjusted to caring for a baby, I recently started implementing this routine. We're still having a few bumps in the road, such as Wes not staying down for a nap or two due to Gas. But, overall, I'm suprised it is working out better than how things were before. It does, however, take a bit of time trying to get him to sleep (approx 20 minutes), but once he is, he is usually down for an hour or two. And, it does not seem to affect his evening sleep patterns (as long as you don't let them sleep longer than 2 hours per daytime nap) Before, from time to time, he was fussy and we couldn't figure out why..now I know he was overstimulated. I think also his feeding has gotten better since he's been taking more naps. Hopefully if we can keep up with it, we won't have to worry about rocking or walking him to get him to sleep later on.

No comments: