Thursday, April 06, 2006

1st Dr.'s Appointment for Wes


We had our 1st real Dr's appointment today. Today, Wesley is about 2 1/2 weeks old. He's now 7 lbs. 1 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! He was born 6 lbs 7 oz, lost 7 oz when he went for his 2 day check up and now gained a 1 lb. I didn't know he could grow an inch and half in 2 weeks! Everything with the Dr. went find. She gave him a clean bill of health. With his measurements and weight, she did say he was in the 10 percentile (I know.. I'm actually admitting this..you want to brag your kid is the 90 percentile), but she wasn't concerned since he started small and said this could change. I'm just glad he gained back his birth weight and more. I've been so concerned about him getting enough to eat on just my breast milk.

Wanda has been here and will be leaving on the 12th. She's been a big help with the night feedings. It's given me some time to sleep (although I still have to get up to pump). It will be hard once she is gone. My mom also stayed a week right after the baby was born. She was also a big help with the meals, housework, and helping with the baby. It's been really great to have both of their help. Jay and I have really appreciated the extra support.

Even with the lack of sleep, frustrations with breast feeding, and sometimes a fussy baby; I really can't complain. We have a good baby. When he cries, it's usually he's hungry, wet himself, or wants to cuddle. When he has his angry cries, I'm realizing now it's just gas. We can also put him down in his bassinet for a little while. He takes naps and he seems to know the difference between night and day. Overall, so far (cross my fingers) he seems pretty mellow.

No comments: