Wednesday, June 28, 2006

He Rolled Over!


A few weeks ago, he rolled from his stomach to his back. But,Yesterday, Wes rolled over from his back to his stomach! This is great news and bad news. Great that he was able to do it. Bad, because he really needs to be out of his swaddling miracle blanket. I don't want him to roll over and not be able to use his hands to push his head up if need be. For the last couple of weeks his sleeping has be erratic at night. Sometimes he would get up 2 times, sometimes 3. I decided to take one arm out of the swaddle. It took a couple of days, but it seemed to help him later sleep better. Yesterday, I've tried to not swaddle him during naps and he slept some long naps on his side. Last night he was swaddled with one arm and woke up at 11:30 and 2:00 and 5:30. At 5:30, he was completed unswaddled and lying on his side. Maybe he had this longer sleep because he was able to move around. Today, I unswaddled him again and he's been sleeping long naps again! Also, I put him down, he jolts awake, but was able to settle himself to sleep when I walked away.....hmmm. And, when I check on him, he's sleeping on his side. I'm hoping that it's the swaddling that's keeping him from sleeping. Today, we went out and I bought a sleep sack for him. Hopefully this will work out so I don't have to use a blanket to cover him.

No comments: