Monday, June 26, 2006

4 More Weeks Left

4 more weeks left til I go back to work. Very mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, I'll have my own freedom back. It won't be as frustating being with him all day by myself. But, on the other hand, someone else will be taking care of my baby. I might miss his milestones. He'll have someone else who will be his focus. I won't be there for him as I was. I won't be there for him to look up and smile at. We won't have our many "conversations".

This morning, as I was laying down feeding Wes, I looked down at his face and already started missing him. Before having him, I never would have thought how hard this will be to leave him at daycare.

I called our daycare person today. I'm going to start bringing him over on 7/10. She'll be on vacation all next week. But I also might not be able to bring him over this week. Apparently, the Croup was going around over there. SCARY! The Daughter's child, who is only about 9-10 weeks old, got it. 10 days she was sick! It was hard for me when he had a minor cold, but CROUP! This is the one thing I'm really going to dread about daycare. Wes getting sick. I know it's going to happen and it seems like it will happen often. Our friends' son always seems to be sick. I can only hope that it will not be often, or at least nothing serious. I just want minor colds! Hopefully I can also get him a flu shot when the season hits.

Guess in a way, things might be easier since I won't be taking care of him full time, but harder if he doesn't sleep through the night and gets sick. You trade one thing for another thing. Still, there are and will be challenges and adjustments.

Last week he seemed to make quite a few milestones. He seemed to rollover from stomach to back and it not being an accident. He learned to suck his thumb. He is grasping and holding on more. He doesn't seem to be happy about this one, but he's learning to scooch on his stomach. Also, he learned to laugh! I'm glad I got to stay at home to see all this happen!

No comments: