Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quack Quack



I am walking like a duck. Took 9 months. Not bad. I'm sticking my belly out when I walk and I can't stop it. I think I've grown the most in this last month. Sitting for long periods of time is really starting to hurt my back and hips. Walking and standing actually feels better.

I had my Baby Shower at work on Friday. It was a surprise. It was very nice and thoughtful of them. They had lots of Ice Cream and Tons of Cake. Ugh..I had a half a sheet of Cake that went home with me. Even Mr. Sweet Tooth himself got sick of eating cake for 3 days. I got 2 Boppys, another baby rocker, diapers, wipes, outfits, convertible stroller, bottles, cleaning brushes, bottle rack, dishwasher basket, 2 car seat protectors, bath set, bibs, bath stool, Feeding Organizer, Gift Card, Diaper Bag Backpack, and toys! Whew! I was able to return a few items and was able to get another Base for the Baby Carrier, bumper for the cradle, sheets for the bassinet, mittens, and some special swaddling blankets. I think we're finally set! Now we just need to move the cradle into our bedroom and do some more organizing. Ugh! It never ends!

Jay says I've been nesting a little (don't know if he's just being nice..it might be more!) I had him shave off the door in the hallway bathroom since it was sticky and just kept getting worse. Think everyone would want a little privacy in the bathroom when the mothers come over.

On Tuesday we went on the Hospital Tour. I'm really glad we did. I have to say that was the best class I have gone to so far. We got to meet one of the nurses and I felt more comfortable about the whole labor process. They said that we shouldn't feel afraid to ask for anything and that we're the customers. So yea! (TMI) I can get my enema! She even suggested to the fathers to go home and sleep instead of staying in the hospital. The rooms are very dinky and the "futons" for the fathers are really just a lounge chair. Even the Labor and Delivery room is very tight. I was very surprised how small the rooms were. The women also have to share bathrooms. Also for the delivery, they mainly use Midwives. Weird. Someone delivering my baby who I don't know. But, probably easier to deal with since it will be a woman.

No comments: