Thursday, February 09, 2006

Newborn Care Class

I totally forgot about the Newborn class we were signed up for last night. Luckily we live close by and we were just a few minutes late. Although, the class really sucked. I was very disappointed in the class. And, we were there for 2 HOURS. I learned only two things there: (a question I asked at Break) I don't need to choose a Pediatrition before the baby is born and information about circumcision. Everything else I pretty much knew. She didn't tell us much and then had us watch a video. I could've done that at home! She didn't even teach us how to Swaddle a baby. She talked about the number of poopy diapers, how to take snot out of the nose, how to burp..that's all I can remember. I can't believe she when over that syphon thing to take the snot out.. Also another thing that annoyed me was that she asked at the beginning of class how many of us were new parents. HELLLOOO..why would we be in this class if we weren't parents for the first time? She was a strange woman..don't know if this is the first time she's ever taught. She was very nervous and didn't see when people raised their hands, and she kept saying "um".

I think she was even scared of me when I came up to her during break to ask a question. I think I give good personal space, but it seemed like she was uncomfortable talking to me. She never looked me directly in the eyes. Weirdo! Don't know if I should be offended or not.

No comments: