Monday, February 13, 2006

2/13/06

I recently got a haircut.  I have the side swept bangs and at least 3 inches of hair was taken off the back.  So, it looks totally different that how I’ve had it for the last 8 months.  Usually, when people see that you had a drastic haircut, they make comments about it “you got your haircut” or “it looks cute”.  I have gotten nothing.  I think it looks way better that how I had it before.  It’s been very strange.  Jay thinks people are more interested in looking at my stomach than my head.  Like, trying to gauge how much my stomach has grown since the last time they saw me.

How much have I grown?  Let’s just say the little stretch marks on my hips are starting to creep closer and closer to the belly.  Every night when I get undressed and see myself in the mirror, it’s always a “oh no!” while I thoroughly examine myself to see if a new line is there or that one has gotten bigger.  So far, I haven’t been able to stop the attack.  I’m just layering cream after cream Day and Night.  I’ve always buttered my stomach and hips from the beginning, but the marks never arrived until I started my 8th month.

Also, when I sit and eat, I’m starting to build a nice little crumb catcher.  I tend to get a nice little pile going if it’s cookies or crackers.  It’s a combo of being more accident-prone and my stomach.  I’ll being see the Dr. tomorrow so I’ll see how much total weight I have gained.  When I went to see him two weeks ago, I gained since pre-pregnancy a total of 15 lbs.

The books say that I could give birth any day now.  I’m starting my 9th month tomorrow.  He’s passed being called a Preemie, if he’s ready to come out.  My stomach is starting to look like a Butterball Turkey, but so far, my belly button as not popped out like one of those Turkey Timers.  He must be still baking!

No comments: