Sunday, October 02, 2005

Work

I finally told my boss, the bigger bosses, and other people in my department about the pregnancy. It went better than I thought. 3 people in my department already knew (they figured it out after I did not eat the raw sushi) Got a hug from my old boss, who is now the VP of our department and the Director told me to take as much time off as I can. Probably the one who was not totally thrilled was my direct boss. Cuz right now I'm the only one working under him. When I told the Director I was worried about taking too much time off, he told me not to worry about it and let them worry about who's going to do my work while I'm gone. So that was good to hear.

So, it's looking like this, I take the short-term disability (~6 weeks -75% of base pay, not including my bonus in there) then 6 weeks of Family Leave (55% of gross pay) and then I have the option of taking up to 6 weeks of Paid Time Off (my Vacation-full salary). I'm not going to get my full salary for the disability and Family Leave...so I might as well try for the additional 6 weeks of Paid Time Off cuz I get my full salary back. Wow! That's 4 months off! Better than I hoped. Not so good on the cutbacks...oh well, can't have everything. At least I have tons of Paid Time Off I've been hoarding. After the six weeks of Paid Time Off, I'll still will have more than 23 days left!

No comments: