Monday, October 17, 2005

Ultrasound #2

Jay and I went to our 2nd ultrasound last Monday. This time I brought the video camera.  Jay thought it was a little weird, but I’m glad I did.  The 2nd person who did the ultrasound was an older Asian man.  He wasn’t as good as our first technician.  Most of the time he was moving so fast we didn’t know what we were looking at.  And the pictures he gave us weren’t that good.  I couldn’t tell what I was looking at.  

Apparently Jay Jr. was also being “stubborn”.  He just kept sleeping no matter how much the technician tried to shake my belly and saying, “wake up, baby”. (I know another person who loves to sleep…like father like son….) And, the baby wouldn’t get in a good position for the tech to see.  The baby decided to stay cramped in the corner.  The baby finally turned, the tech goes in to get a better look at the heart, seconds later the baby decides to turn back.  Jay Jr. just didn’t want to be bothered.

Finally we see some movement!  We got a view of the top of his head.  Next thing we know we see this arm move and see his fingers patting his head!  He seemed like a baby to me now…last ultrasound he seemed more like an alien.  The first time you see your ultrasound is more of a shock that something is inside you and moving!  He kicked around a little more, and then was done.  Even though the tech didn’t get to get some good views, he said everything looked good.

A couple of days later, Jay was dozing on the bed.  How did I find him?  With this hand touching his head….

No comments: