Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Six and Half Months

Here’s a pic of me at 6 ½ months. Ugh..guess I'll never think my pregnant belly pictures will look like good pictures:


Well, I think the Honeymoon phase is slowly coming to an end. In the past week, I have had calf cramps in the middle of the night and an itchy rash on my stomach. I think the leg cramps are worse. It’s usually in the middle of night, where I’m struggling to turn on my other side with the snoogle body pillow in my way and my calf cramps up. Sometimes I can prevent it before it really hits, but other times it happens. Those really suck cuz I can’t just jump out of bed. Instead I’m struggling to stretch out the calf in bed with the body pillow in my way. I don’t know if I’m waking Jay up or he’s getting used to me shaking the bed when I’m twisting and turning.

So I went to the Dr. yesterday for the Rash. It’s been 2 weeks since I last saw him. They wanted to me to come in after I called the advice nurse. My appt was at 3:15 and it took FOREVER for him to see me. He looked at my stomach and said it was due to hormones and it will probably come and go. GREAT. I also decided to do my Glucose Test for Pregnancy diabetes since I was already there. I would’ve had to leave work early again next week, if I didn’t do it now. Drink an orange soda, wait an hour, then get pricked with a needle. After that, I had to go to the pharmacy and get my hydrocortisone prescription. Even though I live 2 miles away from the hospital, I didn’t home til 5:30pm. I was at the hospital for 2 hours.

Jay’s been supportive. I get back massages from him, which is nice. I think, though, he’s getting Pregnancy sympathy symptoms. Lately, he’s been getting acid reflux around the same time I started getting them. Also, he's been like me since I've been pregnant, you say one thing, and he think's it's something else (could be our lack of sleep)..weird

No comments: