Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sleep Deprivation Rating Scale






Here's my Sleep Deprivation Rating since Thursday.
Nathan normally goes to bed around 7-7:30 pm and wakes up around 6:15-7 am (depending upon when he does his last feed).  Luckily he's like his big brother, a morning person.


As you can see from my ratings below, after some great sleep from Nathan, it took a spiraling dive on Saturday.

Thursday - 1 (Nathan woke up once 4:30)
Friday - 1 (Nathan woke up once 4:30)
Saturday - 8 - (Nathan woke up at least 5 times, I think. I lost count after 4)
Sunday - 6 (Nathan woke up twice: 12 & 3:30)
Monday - 3 (Nathan woke up twice: 2:30 & 5:30. One arm unswaddled)

Jay and I could only guess it was because of Wesley's school Pumpkin Walk that night that threw him off.  He must have been overstimulated from that event.



Nathan and I drove separately and we only stayed until 6:30.  Then I did the normal routine of bath, bottle, bed.  I have to give it a pain scale of 8.  It was the "what are you trying to do to me kid?" frustration.  We had my dad's birthday luncheon the next day.  I was so wiped out, I had to sleep on the car ride home.  I wish I could have given it a 9 or 10, but I know a couple of people who've had it worse.  So far, neither boy has kept me up for hours in the middle of the night wanting to play.  That would suck big time!  

We also started the process of unswaddling him.  I'm hoping this is what's causing him to not stay down  for a while.  For a while, he's been struggling out of his swaddle.  On the one hand, I think it's time and he's outgrowing the sleep sack.  On the other, when he gets overstimulated, it helps him to settle down for bed.  I was pretty pleased on Monday, Jay was able to get him down like that for a couple of naps and I was able to get him down at night.  Today, Jay was able to get a nap with both arms out.  I was also able to get him down with both arms out for bed tonight.  I'm just going to say for now, we'll see what happens :)















No comments: