Saturday, October 20, 2012

4 Month Check Up

Nathan had his 4 month check up on the 10th.  He weighed in at 14 lbs and was 24 inches long.  Our lil' 14 pounder!  He came in at 41% in weight, 25% in height, and 71% in the head.

This past Monday I finally went back to work.  It wasn't as hard this time as it was when I went back to work with Wesley.  It was easier this time since Jay is now taking care of him.  We had a little rough couple of days of adjustment, more lack of sleep in the middle of night for me.  He would wake up around 3 to 4 times.  For Jay, he would only take a 1/2 or hour nap.   He was having a hard time settling down. Then, during the middle of the week, Nathan would get up at his usual times during the night, 1 am and 4am.  He was getting into the rhythm of having to go to school with Jay to pick up Wesley.  The good thing is that I've been able to leave work at 3pm, so I get home at 4.  So, I've been also been able to take Wesley to his Karate class.  This gives Nathan time to take a nap then.

Now as of today, the last couple of days has been great!  Nathan has only gotten up once in the middle of the night!  I've woken up a few times to find he's still sleeping.  Unfortunately, I've been waking up around 2:30am, and 4, waiting for him to wake up.   At 4:30, I've seen him stir on the monitor, then wake up and struggle out of his swaddle.  Then I'm up for about a half an hour watching him, waiting for him to call me.  I'm hoping he can resettle himself and close his eyes.  He has, but it was only for 5 minutes :)  He's been a little harder to settle down after that feed.  I think it's because he's had more sleep and all that struggling kept him awake.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'm hoping we're going to the next step of sleeping through the night!

The next step is getting him out of that swaddle.  Not looking forward to that.  I've been enjoying my sleep :)  Nathan can roll now.  I don't want him to get stuck in the wrap around swaddle blanket.

Nathan has also been "crawling".  He's been doing the same thing that Wesley did.  He uses his head to push himself along.  Whatever happened to getting on all fours and rocking back and forth first?  Guess we have impatient boys ;)  He's also doing good at "sitting".  I think he's doing better than Wesley at this age.  Wesley was all about moving.  Nathan, on the other hand, likes to sit, watch things and people, and cuddle.

Tonight is Wesley's school's Pumpkin Walk.  It should be fun.  His school is really good at fundraising, and they put on a pretty impressive event with food, midway games, jumpy houses, and a haunted house.  I'll try and post some pics of the event.

That's all for now.  I'm doing the lag of writing and pictures for the 2nd one.  I'll try and update more, if I can find the time :)  Things are just a little busier now with two.  Luckily, it's been a manageable busy :)

No comments: