Wednesday, September 07, 2005

13 Weeks

I’m at week 13. Finishing up the 1st Trimester. I remember not too long ago finding out that someone was pregnant, the next thing I knew, they were having the baby! I’m realizing that it’s not that fast. It seems like it took forever just to get to the 1st Trimester! I think because of knowing about the possibility of miscarriage in the 1st Trimester, it was more nerve wracking than joyous. Every little twinge or “weird feeling” was scary, since I didn’t know if that was normal or not. As each week got closer to the 1st Trimester, I felt more confident about the pregnancy.

Now, since I just turned 36 this past Sunday, it will be just as nerve wracking when we get the results from the Amniocentisis to find out if there are any Chromosomal or Neural Tube Defects. We’ll have the Amnio done next Wednesday, but won’t find out the results until the end of September. Crossing our fingers that everything will be OK. So, as you can see, I’m anxious to just get this Amnio over and done with. Luckily, Jay will be there with me for support. And, we should be getting a picture of the ultrasound to take home! I’ll try to post it.

No comments: