Sunday, July 16, 2006

Why Can't I be Boobyfed?!?

This weekend has been sort of a struggle. All this time, Wes seemed to like the bottle more than the breast. When he was wide awake, he would always seem to fight the breast. I don't know if it was coming out too fast or not fast enough. From time to time, I kept thinking I just want to quit. The only thing that stopped me was that I wanted him to keep getting breast milk for as long as he could and that pumping every time was too much work. I found that I can't get any milk out when I'm stressed out..like hearing him fuss or cry while I'm trying to pump. When I did give him a bottle, he would accept it. Now, he fights me on it. He's hungry, thinks I'm going to lift my shirt, and instead gets a bottle shoved into his mouth. He is mad! He usually doesn't get this angry. Course, for the last couple of weeks during the day, we've been lying on my bed while he's sleep eating. He's been having it good for the last couple of weeks. And, I let him cuz it was easier to feed him that way. Today, it's going a little easier. He's not fighting it as much (prob cuz he's hungry). Hopefully things will settle down real soon.

No comments: