Tuesday, August 30, 2005

1st Prenatal Dr's Visit


I had my first Dr.'s visit today. This won't be my regular Dr. After having an allergic reaction to a medication and her not responding back to give me a alternate medication 2 Times, I decided to go with another Dr. Actually she was nice, but with her being unresponsive in the past, I'm not going back to her.

So, when I got there, I jumped on the scale wondering how much I have gained. Apparently, I didn't! I haven't felt like I've gained weight, but I noticed my tummy is sticking out a little and my regular pants are tight. When I asked the Dr. how much should I gain, she said 35 lbs. 35 lbs! That's crazy! How am I supposed to gain 35 lbs, but I can't have junk food, salty foods, sweets, AND drink 12-14 glasses of Water! (that's three 32 oz big gulps!).. I'm kinda doing that right now (well,...except the salty) and you can't eat alot with all the bloating from the fiber & water. How am I going to gain weight?

I wasn't able to get an ultrasound (I'll have that on the early amnio on 9/14), but I was able to hear the baby's heart! It was so strange to hear that something is alive and growing inside you. Before today, the only thing that told me I was pregnant was a urine test. It didn't seem real until today..Jay and I would talk about the pregnancy, not about the baby...well, now I know there's something there...wow..there's a baby...

No comments: